Friday, January 11, 2013

Headlights

I got new headlights for Christmas and I only just now got around to getting them installed. Unlike a normal car, where you either replace the headlights by pulling them out the front or from the engine bay, I had to pull them out of the wheel wells with the wheels off. Fairly straight forward, but very time consuming. There were a lot of seized up bolts and screws. 

Here is what the headlight housing looks like from the back in the fender well. I forgot to take pictures of my car, so I took pictures of my friend Jessee's car. He also had new headlights to put in his 240z, so we decided to tackle the project together. Working on cars is much more fun with friends.
This is a picture of the new headlights in his car, you can't tell the difference unless you look at the actual brightness. That's good, because we don't want to change the look of the lights too much, the cars still need to look authentic.
Here is a picture of the coilover suspension I have in the mail, Jessee already has the kit on his car and he has agreed to help me out when I finally get them. I am so excited to see how low my car will be, his is practically scraping on every speed bump. Not only will I get rid of those old rusty springs, I will also make the car look better and handle better. 
And finally, here is a picture of the ramps I need to buy. With a car that low, my jack won't fit underneath the car. You need ramps to get the car high enough to lift. They are only 35 bucks or so, so no big deal. You can also see his front wheels off.

No comments:

Post a Comment