Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Coilovers!

So my Cosmo Racing coilovers came in the mail, and they are pretty awesome. It took me, Jessee, and Andrei a long weekend to finally get them installed. It was not easy. The car is probably about 2 to 2.5 inches lower than stock, which is pretty cool. It also rides smooth, besides bumping along because of the 36 year old struts.
 Here
 Here is the left rear right before starting to work on it.

 In order to not punch a hole through the fender with the un-compressed spring, we used spring compressors to keep it from exploding.
After much hassling and jumping on the rear suspension assembly, we managed to get it out.
Here is the suspension with the new spring and spring seat, ready to be popped back up in. I ended up having to grind some of the stock pieces to make them fit, but it worked out in the end.
Here is the suspension fully re-assembled, still on the jacks.
I also decided to replace the spark plugs while I was working, I had a bag of new ones I hadn't had the time to put in. They made a noticeable difference in the idle of the engine.
Here is how low the front is after lowering. I also got my fender mirrors on between when I put the coilovers on and when I took this picture.
Here is the back, which I actually raised up an inch and a half to even it out with the front. The ride was a bit too harsh with it this low, and I couldn't go over speed bumps....I love how it looked before, but it still looks great now.

No comments:

Post a Comment