Thursday, November 29, 2012

Mini afternoon project- license plate frame

I had some spare time on a weekend so I decided to tackle something small. When I first saw the car I noticed that it still had it's dealership plate frame from 36 years ago. The cool part was it was from Datsun of Bellevue. That dealership is now Nissan of the Eastside, so i figured that I would try and make the plate look nice. I took it off and cleaned it with rubbing alcohol. This is the before picture.
As you can see, the letters were faded and the black background was looking more like a faded ball point blue color. I took some basic acrylic paints from my sisters art set and set to work. It took about two hours to finish, mainly because of all the minute detailing. In the end it turned out really well.
The little things on a car make a big difference when you take into account all the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment