Thursday, November 29, 2012

Rear tail light bezel painting

The rear bezel of the car was looking faded, and until I got the whole car painted, I wanted a temporary fix. One of the spray cans commonly found in my garage is something called plasti-dip. It is a rubber spray that is usually used to re-dip the handles of tools. I have found through online sources that it can be used for a variety of other uses. It peels off, it has a nice matte black sheen to it, and it causes no damage to anything underneath. I had already sprayed the wheels on my truck and had good results, so i figured I would give it a go. The results were decent.
After masking off a good part of the car with paper towels and tape, I sprayed a good four coats. After it dried, I peeled it off of the tail lights and from the edges. The result was pretty cool, and would do until I got a real paint job.

I will post complete pictures of the finished project later on, when there is some sun out.

No comments:

Post a Comment