Thursday, November 29, 2012

New wheels and tires

The first thing I did when I got the car was take note of all the things that were unsafe about the car that needed to be fixed before I could drive it regularly. This was an oil change and new wheels. The oil needed to be changed because the car was sitting for a long time before I got it, and the seller had recommended I do so. This was done by taking it down to my local Oil Can Henry's. I had no idea how to do it myself at that point, so I figured I would leave it to the pros. I also had an awesome conversation about the car with the employees there while they were working.

The next issue was the wheels. Some of the wheels were bent for unknown reasons and were in need of replacing. While driving down the road I would feel the car shiver and shake, and I decided that would be the first big fix.

I ordered myself a set of Konig Rewind wheels from a website and hunted around for good deals on tires.


I ended up taking them to Discount tire to have the tires put on, and then I took it home and swapped out the wheels. This was done using a jack and a tire iron. The whole process took about an hour.

The car now drove beautifully. It was very smooth and a lot of other unknown issues with squeaks and rattles magically sorted themselves out. It was starting to feel like a true sports car now.

No comments:

Post a Comment